Perth and Kinross Council provide free school travel to hose who are entitled. See more information here
Most schools encourage pupils to travel actively where possible, or to use public transport rather than to travel by private car.
Active travel in schools
Walking and cycling is good for us and there is evidence to prove that children that travel actively to school are more alert and ready to learn when they get there.
Upper Tay Transport is working with all schools in the area, the Active Schools Coordinator and Perth and Kinross Council to promote and support active travel in schools. We work closely with Perth and Kinross Council to support the provision of Bikeability Cycle Training.
Upper Tay Transport provide support with:
- cycle training for younger or older pupils following the Bikeability programme https://bikeability.org.uk/bikeability-training/
- guided rides
- active travel activities or events such as ‘bike to school’ weeks or days
- in-school activities
- fundraising walks or cycle
- setting up walking or cycling groups etc.
- bike maintenance classes
- setting up after school bike clubs